Has this happened to you?
- Bob put all the numbers in a spreadsheet but saved it on his desktop not on the fileserver.
- Bob saved the spreadsheet on the fileserver, but you don’t know where he saved it.
- You know where he saved it, but it is locked because Bob forgot to close it before going to lunch.
- You know where it is, you can open it, but you cannot make heads or tails of the codes Bob used.
- Does a blank in this column mean repeat the value from above, or does it mean the data is missing?
- Why did Bob highlight different cells in different colors?
- If that number is a total, why isn’t it a formula?
- You know where it is, you opened it, analyzed it, understood it, but then you found out it was the wrong version!
It doesn’t have to be like this.
The problem is not your spreadsheet– it’s a lack of systems. In many companies, things are moving so fast, that no one takes the time to create a simple system that keeps everyone on the same page. In other words, today’s shortcut causes tomorrow’s dead-end.
How we can help
Hello, we are the TechMentors. We help business get more out of technology by helping you develop automated systems that get the work done accurately and efficiently.
For example, we had a client who spent two days per month tediously re-entering and manipulating Survey Monkey data into Excel so they could produce charts for PowerPoint presentations. Together we created an Excel macro that imports the data and now produces the PowerPoint presentation in six minutes!
We also help you get more out of technology through computer training and one-on-one consulting.
Hi, I’m Tom Chandler. I am the founder of the TechMentors. Since 1996 it has been my pleasure to work with multiple organizations and hundreds of people to help teach adults how to make technology work for them.
With an MBA in IT Management and an undergraduate degree in Finance, I have also enjoyed helping many organizations develop solutions that save time, money and frustration.